Better Touch Better Business
What’s in these projector bulbs?
Most projector bulbs (lamps) contain highly pressurized chemicals that ignite to create a very bright, energy efficient light output. One of the chemicals used to manufacture projector bulbs is Mercury, which is an extremely toxic heavy metal .
Dangers of Mercury:
l Causes burns to skin, eyes and respiratory tract
l Fatal if swallowed or inhaled
l Harmful if absorbed through skin
l Affects the kidneys and central nervous system
l Harmful to aquatic life
l Bio-accumulates- not biodegradable
l We should be responsible consumers!
The use of toxic materials in household items is decreasing. Remember : old thermometers contained Mercury, but newer thermometers now contain another substance (usually a red tinted alcohol) that is safer.
However, when toxic chemicals are used, as is the case with these projector bulbs, we must dispose of them properly to prevent environmental contamination.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.